The North West Cricket Association Inc. is seeking applications from persons to provide our management, record keeping, umpire facilitation and sponsorship development for Season 1997-98.
Applications to: The President, P.O. Box 56, Essendon 3040, closing Friday, 6th June.
In recent seasons, modest honorariums have been paid to three persons to undertake most of these responsibilities between them.
In 1996-97, the Association provided regular competition for 219 teams from 34 clubs in six sections from Under 10 to Veterans, as well as programs for the development of specially talented players in four of those sections.
The Association has developed its own systems for competition scheduling, results processing and administration which have operated on loaned Apple Macintosh computers, where documents and archives are also kept.
Applicants are asked to specify what office and computing facilities they would have access to and what they would require the Association to provide.
The bulk of the tasks to be undertaken must be carried out on schedule without fail.
The successful applicants will need to work effectively with various voluntary officials who make essential contributions to the operation of the Association.
- senior-level liaison with member clubs, related cricket bodies and local government
- recruitment of sponsors and development of Association sponsorship program
- development of competition structures, rules and programs of matches
- sourcing, development and operation of computer-based information systems for recording competition results, ladders and averages, and for general administration
- submission of scores and reports to the local press and the Association's Internet site
- fortnightly preparation and distribution of Association newsletters
- design, production and distribution of Association scorebooks and forms
- preparation and distribution of notices, rules and other information to clubs
- budgeting, financial and general reporting, and development of policy advice to the Association Executive Committee
- recording of financial transactions and preparation of regular financial statements to member clubs
- notification and conduct of General, Section and Executive meetings
- initial adjudication on club submissions re eligibility and on disputes
- conduct of hearings and keeping of records relating to charges and disputes
- recording and processing of player registrations and clearances
- dealing with inwards and generating of outwards correspondence
- coordination of trial sessions, selection of teams and the Association's participation in inter-association matches and carnivals
- recruitment and development of a panel of umpires serving the Open Age Two Day and Under 16 sections, plus all finals
- appointment of umpires, in conjunction with officers elected by the body of umpires